Fashion Show

 The fashion show was something I have never done before. It forced me to tap into my creative side I never have the opportunity to in college. Most of my work is science based and this was the one project that made me really tap into my "fine" art and creative art making. 

My group decided to do a take on Ruby. One of the costumes was all purple to represent Prince, one was to represent his cheetah costume, and one was to represent his cheetah costume. I was given the cheetah costume to create a look made from upcycled/recycled looks. 

To start I began asking my friends if they had any cheetah to which most said no. Except for my one friend who's halloween costume just happened to have a large cheetah hat, fur cheetah belt, and cheetah body suit. I then built around those two pieces, but struggled to think of ways to use recycled materials. Eventually I decided to use a clear poncho I found to make a jacket to go over the bodysuit. The collar was made out of shipping air pockets. To make the cheetah more prominent I used Amazon Fresh grocery bags, drew on them the cheetah print and put these on the jacket, a skirt I had, and on a bag. The bag I made from an Amazon box and put cheetah dots from the box on there as well and for the handle used the fur belt. To keep with the theme of androgyny, I wore sneakers to give a masculine side to a rather more feminine outfit.  





My favorite group was the black and white look. The dress made out of polaroids and binder rings was so creative and the cut off sleeve white suit really taps into modern fashion and the rise of women wearing suits as a fashion statement. The third outfit was creative as well as was cohesive with the other two outfits. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artificial Intelligence and Pinnochio

Love Death & Robots (Three Robots Exit Strategies)

Intro